Thursday, February 17, 2011

Light reading

Holly received a gift card for Amazon on Valentine's Day. She used it tonight to buy a book for her Kindle, Beowulf in Old English, with an English translation. This is her FUN reading. The way she picks up languages, I wouldn't be surprised if she already knows most of the words.

She's buying this for fun, but I'm thinking I should be buying it for her. It's practically all I can do to read (and write) plain English.:svengo:

Sometimes my kids leave me absolutely speechless.

3 comments:

Tom Motko said...

I just read Beowulf, actually it is a pretty good poem.

Kristine said...

Haha, I read an elementary abridged version a few years ago out loud to Trevor. That was about my speed. :D

momma24 said...

hahahaha I saw the movie, does that count? ;-D Good for her! I love it when our kids surpass us in things like this-then maybe they can teach us!!