
The students were at Richmond again for the day, but left everything packed, ready for parents to pick up belongings. A few were staying one more night for an optional public speaking class on Friday.
After driving all morning, Trevor and I stopped for lunch before going to the Capitol. To my relief, parking was a cinch again. I worry about those little details.Family was expressly invited to the afternoon portion of the class, where the students participated in another mock legislative session with all of the formal meeting rules, "Will the author of this bill approach the well?" "May I ask a question of the lady in the well?" etc. It was very entertaining, both for the class and for the spectators.
This was followed by a few speeches and other closing activities, giving another chance for the students to say goodbye to the staff.

Holly, Trevor and I spent the night in a nearby quiet and large hotel. Holly professed to living on canned fruit, mashed potatoes and granola bars during the week and opted to have pizza delivered to our hotel room. We spent the evening listening to her stories of the week, interrupting only to watch American Idol. It was an early night, only better if Robert had been there, but someone needed to stay home and take care of the pets. Maybe next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment