Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recipe - Tuna Bread Salad

This did not go over well at my house, but I liked it. It was a super fast summer dinner, and I'd make it again for a ladies' lunch.

TUNA BREAD SALAD

1 c. halved cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper
1 can great Northern white beans, drained
1 can tuna, packed in oil and drained (I used tuna packed in water)
1 shallot, thinly sliced (I used garlic? onion? both?)
1/4 c.. sliced pitted Kalamata olives (I used more!)
1/2 long baguette, cut into cubes, stale works great (I used another kind of loaf)
2 t. Dijon mustard
1 T. balsamic vinegar
3 T. oil
2 T. roughly chopped fresh basil

In a medium serving bowl, add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for ten minutes before adding the beans, tuna, shallots, and olives.

In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, oil, and basil. bread cubes to salad, toss, and then top with dressing before tossing again. Serves about 4.

No comments: