Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolutions

Res·o·lu·tion [rez-uh-loo-shuhn] –noun. A resolve or determination.

* * *
I'm looking over my Resolutions post from last year.

1. Read The Daily Bible by F. Lagard Smith.



I did about the same in 2007 as I did in 2006, slowing down on my daily reading over the summer, pretty much stopping by October. I read into September's writings. I continue to love this (intended) schedule. However, I really want to be reading the New Testament. Instead of starting over at the Jan. 1 reading, I plan to pick up where I left off. I should have no problems finishing the Daily Bible this year. (Of course, I haven't picked it up yet this year, so I can already consider myself behind.)


2. Spend more time with my kids.

A resolution last year that continues this year. I'm not sure how well I did; admittedly not as well as I'd wanted to. When I mentioned this as a goal to my kids the other day, they rolled their eyes and indicated they will NOT make this easy on me, lol.


3. Read more

This was an easy goal to reach, and one I'll continue this year. However, there's no need for it to remain on my "Resolutions" list. I'm glad that I'm again reading as much as I am. Looking briefly through my book reviews, I can guess that I read 80 books this year. It looks like I read 90 books in 2006, and I am surprised that 2007 wasn't closer to 100--but I'm still satisfied.


* * *

I have several other things I'd like to accomplish this year, but I'm not sure if they really count as "Resolutions." Besides, three seems like a manageable number.

(My new number) 3. Get involved at church

We've stumbled upon an awesome church, I'll post more later. But I definitely want to get to know these wonderful people better, become involved on at least some level. The biggest challenge will be the drive, which (of course) is an hour away. But it's a definitely a priority.

* * *

A new year, a natural time for reassessing . . . "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead . . ."

4 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm reading Meet the Bible this year. I really like it and I've made it to section two! Yippee! I usually get bogged down in the old testament but this edition is really engaging and helping me through all those begots.

Emily said...

Kudo's to you for keeping up with your goals for the past year. You must be so proud!! :-)

Cynthia said...

Happy New Year, Kristine!

Linda said...

Oh, Kristine! I drive an hour to church also. It gets tiring sometimes, but most of the time it is SO worth it. It's amazing the number of things you can do in the van! :-)