Thanks for the great comments about my bathroom window!
Along with Debbie, others suggested shutters, and Beth and Karen suggested light curtains that left the 1/4 to 1/3 top of the window uncovered. I like the idea of leaving the top open, and I'll have to get a better line of sight on the neighbors' house to see if that would work.
Lisa, since I don't crochet, maybe I can make a screen of leaves/twigs to go with that whittled piece of wood, lol. Or make the kids do it as a combination science/art project . . .
And Michele, thank you for posting your photo, I like how your covering gives privacy but lets a lot of light through.
My oh-so-helpful Mom and Mike came up with "paint arrows on the outside of the window, put in kleig lights, music, and put on a show! You go, girl!"
Umm, can I charge for this?
More likely is their suggestion to tint the window so no one can see inside during regular daylight. They do this with some of their windows, and deer walk right up, seeing only a reflection. Since I'm more concerned about blocking during the day, I like this idea too. We'd put up something else in case we need to block the view at night.
And Kim on SHS suggested bamboo. Hmm, a natural covering would look great in the bathroom, and it would also let in lots of light.
Thank you for the great AND varied ideas that I would not have come up with on my own! Now I can discuss with Robert, check out options at Lowe's and go from there. We have SUCH a hard time committing to anything on our windows, usually settling on 1" vinyl blinds "temporarily" (hah). Even the 2" faux wood were a relief. I'm excited to have some terrific options pointed out to me!
:)
2 comments:
You'd have better luck braiding pine needles together.LOL Leaves and twigs can be hard to work with. snort.LOL
Seriously, I like the tint idea. It wouldn't need washing or dusting and it would still let you see outdoors.
Can't wait to see how it turns out! You'll have to be sure and post some pictures. :)
Post a Comment