It has two windows, including this big picture window. Window coverings JUST made their way up my priority list, as I realized I can see a house out the window--just barely, but I can see it, and I'll be able to see more when the leaves start to fall. And they'll be able to see more of us.
I'm not eager to cover this window up (other than for obvious reasons, haha). Am I "stuck" with the usual blinds? I'm not creative--I'd choose the 2" wide white "plantation blinds," or the duette honeycomb-style blinds. Any wonderful ideas out there to consider? It needs to be less than $100, require no "craftiness" on my part, and be easy to open/close, so I can close them only when absolutely necessary . . .

The big tub? I love the trim work the builder did on the cabinet. And the tub will be easy to keep clean, since I'm sure we'll never use it. But it looks really great in the room!
5 comments:
Kristine,
We have the SAME situation but with two windows. BEFORE we got 2" faux wood blinds, I bought a spring curtain rod (measure your window) and then bought sheers (saige green). Then I bought metal tie backs on the side, to tie them back when not in use and to bring in the light. HTH
Beth SHS
I think you should crochet hundreds of little squares together and then search your property for just the perfect piece of wood. Whittle it down and use it to hang your masterpiece in front of the window. :snort:
I'm glad that I could be of assistance.LOL
We have the same window/bathroom as well. Maybe all new houses look the same. Anyway, we bought a fabric blind that drops - I know bad description. I'll put a picture on my blog www.micheleinnc.blogspot.com today! It usually has enough coverage that I don't feel like I am flashing the raccoons but is somewhat translucent so it lets in light.
Kristine, I could get right on that crocheting for you...it would look lovely!
We have a large window in our downstairs bath and it has a set of wooden bi-fold shudders on it. It only covers the bottom half and it is easy to open and close. I'm sure you could get a set to cover the whole window. Just an idea.
What about a woven shade with a liner? That's what we're putting up in our bathroom. I like those types better than miniblinds because they are so much easier to keep clean! We have just about replaced all of our mini blinds in the house now!
Post a Comment