Friday, May 25, 2007

Miscellany

My first order of books from Chris came this week. I already know it--I'm addicted. I put most of them away, but not before Trevor sorted through them. You know it's good when an 8 year old boy is pulling out a bunch of books to read, but I only let him take one for now. (I figure the more off limits they are, the more appealing they will become.) Holly snagged one too and spent the day reading the whole book. The majority of these will be extra readers for school. Just reading through these titles gives me a thrill!


Holly's kitty Pumpkin has been wild this week. After I went to bed last night, she stayed downstairs and meowed loud enough for me to hear. When I came back down to see what was up, she ran from me. Once again, today, she hunted down Trevor's super stretchy lizard. She'll find this thing anywhere, literally digging through Trevor's dresser, closet, or Lego box to find it, then carry it around the house, and play with it endlessly.


Vader, on the other hand, continues to hold out hope for the real thing. Silly cat. He clearly needs professional help.


We have a fox that shortcuts through our yard frequently. Sometimes we see it every day, sometimes we don't see it for a few months. He was around quite a bit a few weeks ago, and today I realized we have at least two foxes. This one is considerably smaller. While it usually runs down our street, I've seen it/them travel through the backyards just trotting along the stringers at the top of the fence. Their balance and grace amaze me.

This one stopped for a drink in our "stream" before jumping the fence in their usual spot. They live in a nearby park/pond area, much of which is still a natural habitat. I love watching them run through.

It's not been a busy week, and I'm enjoying that.

6 comments:

Romany said...

Oooooh, we read most of those books a few years ago. You are all in for a treat!

Dorothy

Cynthia said...

I recognize several books in your pile and we've read a few of them during our SL studies.

Debbie said...

We love it when the "Chris" boxes come. They are such a blessing to us.

Your kitties are so cute, Kristine. The poor little dear that is still guarding the lizard tank. Does he have any life?

How cool that you have the foxes right in your yard. We see them around when we are driving, but we never see them. We do know they are here as once in a while we have a raid on our chicken coop!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

How cool a fox...we like boxes from Chris, as well...but I guess there are no more Little Dollie boxes coming....LOL

Emily said...

We have had a red fox cross our backyard numerous times. I never have been able to catch it on film but I would like to someday!

Kathy in WA said...

Wow! A box from Chris. How fun! I haven't bought anything from her in a long time (too long). She always has such wonderful books (and great prices). Still, we can't buy every book in the world, can we???? :)