Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Trevor, Trevor and more Trevor

Everything has been *T*R*E*V*O*R* for the past few days. (Sorry, Holl, your time will come!) Here's a drawing he was working on yesterday morning.


He passed his first belt test in karate last week, and the ceremony was held today. Robert thought the ceremony would be at the end of the class, so he came down as fast as he could when I called him to say it would be at the beginning. He walked in the door JUST as Trevor was being handed the certificate. Whew! Robert is quite shocked that I haven't shelled out $15 for the uniform. But, c'mon, it's a co-op class, and I want to make sure he likes it. Poor kid probably thought he'd GET a uniform, and that's why he wanted to take the class!

We went for a walk this afternoon. It's been a gorgeous week, high 60s.


Canadian geese at the pond. (I need to watch Fly Away Home again.)


When I said I wanted to take some pictures, Trevor was thrilled. Until he realized I wanted him right in front of me . . .



This week is flying by. Holly has a riding lesson tomorrow; Trevor has his last basketball game tomorrow night. Everything is GOOD.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love the drawing!!! Great pictures of Trevor too! What a handsome guy!

Debbie said...

Way to go, Trevor! Super job on your drawing and your first belt.

What a handsome young man. I can't remember what you called the thing on his lip, but I think it makes him look more dashing, sort of like the scare that Harrison Ford has on his face.

Kathy in WA said...

Very cool drawing! Is he studying art and using a curriculum or is that free hand? My kiddos use our white board ALL the time (it's so big and inviting) but several of them are stuck inhe world of stick figures. :)

Kristine said...

We don't have any type of curriculum, but we have those "how to draw" type books that are age appropriate. He knows how to draw the circles to begin the body, and he pretty much goes it on his own from there.

He sees things "differently" than the rest of us (in our family). He can recreate cartoons and comics from memory with amazing details that I would never notice in the first place, much less remember to actually draw later.

Kathy in WA said...

Wow - that's interesting the way he can recreate pictures and cartoons from memory.

Cynthia said...

Nice pics, as always. Did you alter the clouds in the Pike's Peak one? They look amazing.