Wednesday, January 31, 2007

First day of school!


Today was the first day of the new semester at co-op. I rather take this for granted. Holly's had plenty of "first days" between ps and part time school. Trevor, on the other hand, has been to preschool but never public school of any kind. He was very excited to gather together his box of pencils, glue, scissors for his weather class, sharpening everything that he could. It was really sweet!


We finished our regular (abbreviated) school work up and stopped at Subway to pick up lunch to celebrate.

There are over 350 families taking part this semester in 160 classes. It's really amazing, and it was fun to see faces that we didn't see last semester. Holly had her first class while Trevor and I did school work. He's resigned himself to my camera, and whenever he can, gives me a special look.


After being a little nervous about her photography class, Holly enjoyed it a lot. Trevor absolutely loved his weather class, and it was so nice for him to have three other boys that he's been friends with in other classes. He already can't wait for next week!

A little off topic, but this church recently redecorated its children's area. (We only attend co-op here.) This is just a part of it, but it's so creative and pretty that I wanted to share. You can see a little bit of the jeep on the far right--it's almost half of a jeep that sticks out of the wall several feet.


We were also supposed to attend a "reptile rescue" field trip this afternoon. We picked up our "snacks to share" and found the location (another church, there's one on every corner here). Although it had already been in progress for over 30 mins., the people were still sitting, listening to the presentation, and we could see small cages of animals in front--very far from the audience. It was an easy decision to not even enter, and we raced back to the car, breaking open the cookies and eating them on the way home. :)

It was an overall really great day, great way to start off the new classes. Tomorrow we'll be out of the house early again for Trevor's karate class.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like a nice "first day"

Awww that special look, how sweet. Seems I get one a bit like that from my own charming 8 yo. I sometimes get an even sweeter one from my 7 yo. They just love the ever present camera at those ages. LOL

Cynthia said...

I have to say you gave me a fright when I read FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.... tonight. You see I laid down to take a nap and slept 5 hours (LOL)... I was barely awake when I went to your blog and for a split second thought perhaps I had slept away the rest of winter, spring, AND summer... and we were already at fall.... I woke up QUICKLY at that point! Thanks for the WAKE UP CALL!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Your co-op sounds like a bustling spot to be. LOL What an awesome children's area this church has.

Emily said...

Great first day Kristine! I did have to chuckle when I read Cynthia's comment . . too funny!