
Trevor (and Holly) had leftover pizza for breakfast. It doesn't get any easier than this!

I started reading while they ate, and when they were done, we moved into the family room.

The Wizard of Oz was followed by Bible time, and then the kids worked on their weekly memorization review together.
They drove me rather batty by doing it all in goofy voices-eeeeek! But they were happy!
They did math, got dressed, Trevor played Zoombinis and Holly checked e-mail. Trevor did spelling and is working on grammar here while trying to hide from the camera.

Yippee, lunch time!

I have NO idea what I was doing here, but it's a great face!

The kids did a lot of other work, and Trevor finally had time to make a car garage out of a box.

They worked on timeline notebooks, which are updated every couple of weeks.

After looking at several pictures, they designed ancient Greek urns.


Holly's is on the left; Trevor's on the right.

We definitely took over 40 pictures today. Robert can't believe how fast my camera uses up batteries. :) Tomorrow is our first day of the new co-op semester and is lining up to be a crazy day.
10 comments:
Kristine,
I got a kick out of the photo with Trevor buried in his books while eating his lunch. I absolutely have to FORBID my children from digesting food and beverage at the table when there are books or journals because they are all such piglets. I just lost my salt shaker this a.m. at breakfast from another "accident" and I can always count on someone to spill a glass of anything all over the table at least once a week. I have a closet full of tablecloths specifically for this reason. Grrrr.
Actually, Trevor's reading some of Holly's fictional writing that isn't really for school. He wouldn't be really eating and working on his own!
We usually don't have spills, but we had two huge floods this month, ugh!
Kristine, I love the picture of you and Trevor all cuddled up on the couch reading. It brought back memories of our homeschool days. Read alouds were my favorite time of the day!
Kristine--I love the pictures of your day. It was fun to follow you all through school. Nice 'blurring' on some of the pics. :)
Looks like a productive day. Love the kitty in a box picture. That always happens here, empty boxes are son claimed by kids and or kitties and sometimes/usually both.
Nice pictures, Kristine. I love seeing the you and Trevor cuddled on the couch. What fun times. We haven't been doing too many real alouds, except picture books with the Littles, they have very short attention spans right now.
Spills! We have at least one or two everyday. I have resorted back to sippy cups for some as they can't seem to make it through a meal without a spill.
TOO FUNNY about Trevor hiding behind the water bottle. My oldest ds is always doing that too... come to think of it so does my dh.... almost all of my pictures with them are with one eyeball sticking out from behind an arm or some other thing (LOL).
What a CUTE PIC of you! (LOL)!
Is your family room right off from your dining room? I don't remember the couch being that color/pattern, but I sure like it!
Yes, the family room is right off the kitchen. It was one of my "must haves" when we were house hunting, because I knew that's where we'd spend the majority of school time, going between the two rooms.
It's the same furniture you saw!
Kristine,
I have such a short memory! I remembered the room was off the dining room, but didn't remember the furniture.
I did tell you we are headed your direction in May, didn't I? I don't know if we'll make it quite as far as you though.
Well, there's a living room off the dining room, but we spent most of our time in the family room, right off the eating area in the kitchen. And that's where the plaid furniture is.
I know you're coming for the Denver museum thing. Depending on your schedule up there, maybe we can meet up with you/your group?
Post a Comment