Thursday, February 01, 2007

The nitty gritty truth ain't pritty

(Gotta get in my Peak pic of the day.)
For the past three months, I've been impressing you all with my dedication to the education of my children, espousing the wonders of Latin, good literature, true phonics, and chronological history. I've bemoaned failed science projects and shared my happiness with our current math curriculum. Don't believe it. Not a word.

And you know all of those "school" photos I've posted? They're fakes, every single one of them.

Tonight I'm exposing THE TRUTH. Here's a REAL picture of our day.

Everything in this picture is what school at my house really looks like.

The 12 yo reads beginning reader books like Arthur and Cat in the Hat. The 8 yo has finally memorized the book I began reading to him at age 2. The table is covered with papers and Christmas coloring books. For lunch, these kids eat double chocolate cookies (store bought of course) on paper plates. Actually, Holly doesn't even have a plate, she's using a piece of paper from what's available on the table. See that dog running down the hall? He's cleaning up the food that got dropped on the floor.

And let's not forget the beer that they're both swilling.

They've already run out of smokes.

In fact, the only UNusual thing about this picture is that they are actually dressed. (But they slept in their clothes.)

In fact, I'm not even sure these ARE my kids, God love 'em.

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOL! Looks like they're having lots of FUN!

Anonymous said...

That looks like an average day at my house. Who needs a plate when you have paper!! lol

Yvonne said...

LOL! Yep...looks like my house. Gracie just had ice-cream for breakfast and I think I might just join her. (But shhhh...don't tell!) ~Yvonne

Romany said...

Nice one!

I like the pic of PP too. I think it might be the best so far.

Dorothy

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL Good one! I can now lower my expectations for my kids.LOL

Debbie said...

Thank you for that, Kristine. Very funny about the beer and smokes, the rest is right on with our normal days.

Kathy in WA said...

Kristine--I'm dying here! I love the line about the 'beer they're swilling.' Thanks for the HUGE laugh.

Emily said...

You are toooooooo funny! I would love to meet you in real life someday!