Holly snapped this picture of her sometimes crazy little cat.
Photobomb by Trevor
Trevor, Holly, and I toured Radford again last Wednesday. Holly hadn't seen it, and we've been wanting her to. We met briefly afterwards with an admissions counselor, as I wanted to get specific details about timelines and dates for the additional requirements they have for homeschoolers. (This does not thrill me, but that's beside the point.)
He told me that I needed to provide proof from the state that we've met Virginia SOLs. I told him that homeschoolers aren't required by law to meet SOLs, and that such proof by the state doesn't exist. He was surprised to hear that we don't have to follow SOLs.
He told me that we needed to provide a copy of the letter from our district that we'd achieved grade level standardized testing. I told him that the schools do not provide such letters, nor are they permitted to make such a determination. (Technically, they don't.)
He then said that I needed to provide proof of standardized test scores from each year of our testing. I told him that we are not required to test by state law, that we are also permitted to have our students assessed.
He then went to check with someone else and returned to the room with a printout of the webpage that I'd been using all along! The additional requirements that need to be met are either specific SAT II tests or community college courses. After noting that those were the only things I needed, he thanked me for educating him.
Kind of funny. If this had happened with Holly, I think I would have been intimidated.
This continues to be a top choice school; always encouraging to take another look at it. We wrapped up our visit with a stop at Starbucks on the way home, a nice treat.



No comments:
Post a Comment