Sunday, May 04, 2014

Trev's big tournament

Trevor reffed in a huge local soccer tournament this weekend that brought 1,500 soccer players from five states. Trevor had nine games over the two day tournament.  He didn't know what to expect going in, but enjoyed working the younger games (ten year olds instead of his usual middle schoolers), chatted with old ref friends and met new ones, and appreciated the pretty decent weather.  He's been suffering from shin splints off and on and was in a lot of pain after the first day.  It was nice that it was so close, and I even took him lunch both days.  I knew that some of my friends would think I was crazy for driving back and forth (20 minutes, big deal), but I figured, I'm his MOM, what else am I supposed to do today, and how much longer will I be able to do fun stuff like this for him?!! 

No comments: