Thursday, February 20, 2014

Visit with Holly

I drove up to see Holly yesterday. I brought her tons of food, lasagne, frito pie, corn pudding, strawberries. We went to lunch at Q-doba, and then to the mall where she spent some of her Christmas money on clothes.  We quickly ran into Walmart to grab a few things for her.  We even had time to grab coffee back on campus and walk around a bit.

I left just in time to beat the DC traffic out of the city.  I'm not up there much during the week, so I don't think about it until I'm actually IN it.  I need to remember to bring Trevor so I can drive in the HOV lane. 


It was a really nice trip, and I appreciate the extra daylight as we move towards spring.  It was drizzly a bit on the way up, and I drove through a little rain storm as I left; otherwise a perfect drive.

She got her new housing assignment today for the upcoming school year. The girls went in as a group of four, and Holly is thrilled with the new room--a three bedroom, one bath, apartment with it's own family room and full kitchen--in another almost-brand new building. 

Two more weeks until Spring Break!

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I love reading about your visits to Holly. So fun you are close enough for quick trips.