Saturday, February 22, 2014

A different kind of soccer post

Trevor earned his Referee certification today through the U.S. Soccer Federation (the official governing body of U.S. soccer).  It was a pretty big deal. 

He had studying to do ahead of time and attended a one day course today.  With my crazy work week, it wasn't until last night that I remembered the class was today.

The class was at Roanoke College, a block from my office (where I no longer have an office). At lunch time, I brought him a burger and fries from a restaurant we frequent during the week.  Robert and I did some shopping in the afternoon and picked Trevor up at the end of class.


As a certified referee, he qualifies to officiate for youth and adult teams affiliated with USSF.  He'll begin as a line judge, and he'll get paid big bucks even at that level.  This is an opportunity God put before him quite a while ago (he's been paid as a line judge for our hs rec league for four seasons already).  Great job, kid!!

(Yes, pun intended.)







4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Congrats! Way to go Trevor.

joyful.h said...

Impressive, Trevor!!!

??[And no office...I'm confused.]??

Kristine said...

LOL, Heather, I just meant that we used to have offices and now we have cubicles. There's a grieving process, you know! ;)

joyful.h said...

Ah...I understand, now. Yes, it would be an adjustment to lose the privacy of an office! Is your cubicle closer to a window view of those gorgeous mountains, though? Hope so:)