Our Summer of Driving continued with our quick trip to Carolina Beach. I'd researched quite a bit online, and we were grateful for Barb and Dave's gift of hotel points. We stayed at a Courtyard right on the beach--9th floor with an outdoor balcony overlooking the ocean.
We ate dinner at a local restaurant, Hang Ten Grill, on their covered patio. It was spectacularly warm and damp out, and it rained a bit while we ate.
Nice first day, with the small exception being I realized that I had left all of my shirts at home. YIKES! Thankfully, the trip was short, I had a dress, and I had the shirt I was wearing. If I was going to forget clothes for a trip, this was the time to do it! For the rest of the night, we enjoyed relaxing in the hotel room during the rain, just hanging out and watching tv.
A rainy day on the beach beats a great day at home every time!


No comments:
Post a Comment