Saturday, July 27, 2013

Uncle Tom

The last time I went up to Pennsylvania, I was given several dozen photos that were taken from my aunt's house when she passed three years ago.  The majority were pictures of Lori and me when we were little, most of which I'd not seen before.

I came across this one of my Uncle Tom at John and Jeannette's wedding.  My dad, Tom, and John were best friends in high school. Tommy died in 1962. Growing up, he was somewhat of the mysterious uncle, the one who would have also moved across the country to California but was instead just a blurry face in a faded photograph. (You know, the one in the white tux in front of Grandma's flower hedge that served as a backdrop for all of the important pictures over the years.)

Anyway, I finally sorted through the pictures, sending half to Lori.  Awesome to see these photos.   Truly great stuff, family treasures.

No comments: