Thursday, November 17, 2011

Recipe - Incredible Pork Loin Roast

Another recipe with amazing reviews that I found online. I was a bit skeptical too of the cooking time, but as I read the reviews, I remembered our favorite roast beef recipe is cooked the same way--turning the oven on high for a short period of time, then turning it off for a longer time for the meat to continue to cook.

PORK LOIN ROAST

one pork loin--the original recipe says 1 lb. Other reviewers cooked significantly larger roasts; mine was 3.5 lbs.

The success of this cooking method will depend on the accuracy of your oven and how well your oven retains heat. I guess mine is fine with both.

Determine the EXACT weight of your roast from the meat wrapper. The EXACT weight will determine the cooking time.

Preheat oven to 500-550 degrees. (Mine only goes up to 500.) Remove meat from fridge; season as desired. (I did nothing to mine.)

Place seasoned meat in uncovered roasting pan. (I added small potatoes and chopped carrots which had been tossed in oil, salt and pepper. I pushed them toward the edges of the pan so that the meat sat on the bottom of the pan.)

Bake EXACTLY 5-1/2 minutes PER POUND. Adjust +/- according to your oven's accuracy and heat retention. Turn oven OFF and DO NOT open the oven door for ONE hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes before slicing. Roast will be done, very slightly pink in the center, and very moist and tender.

For the recipe in its entirety, along with reviews, click here.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Interesting.......... :)