I found a package of meatballs in my freezer and decided to use them in a dinner. I found this recipe and was thrilled by its high rating. Of course, I used my already-made meatballs instead and tweaked the recipe a little more. Everyone liked it (which is saying "even Holly," when I don't expect her to). It was sooooo easy, good, and inexpensive. I can't wait to make this for a crowd!
MEATBALL SUBS
1-2 onions, sliced
1-2 green peppers, sliced
meatballs, homemade or prepackaged; I used 6 frozen meatballs per person, which equaled one serving
jar of spaghetti sauce
sandwich rolls
provolone cheese
Pour ~1T. oil in skillet and preheat to med/med-high. Saute onion and green pepper to desired doneness; set aside.
Put meatballs in saucepan; pour in enough sauce to almost cover, but not quite. Heat meatballs thoroughly, stirring occasionally. My frozen meatballs took about 20 mins.
Cut open sandwich rolls. Pull extra bread out of the middle of rolls, so the meatballs will have a nice place to lay inside. Spray rolls with cooking spray, and place in 350 oven for 5 mins. to toast. Remove rolls from oven, fill one side with meatballs, and cover with one slice of cheese. Fill other side of rolls with cooked green pepper and onion. Return to oven, turn off heat, and let sit in residual heat for 5 mins.
Remove from oven, close sandwiches, smooshing slightly.
No comments:
Post a Comment