Sunday, August 15, 2010

Recipe - Pretzel Jello Salad

I'm "cleaning house" today and adding a bunch of recipes. This is another old favorite that I usually make as a holiday side dish. It would be a great dessert too. I was sure it was already here, but I can't find it.

PRETZEL JELLO SALAD

3 c. pretzels, crushed (small pieces, not all ground to fine dust) (this means measure 3 c. of pretzels, then crush)
8 T. butter
3 T. + 3/4 c. sugar
8 oz. softened cream cheese
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 large package raspberry jello
2 c. boiling water
2 small packages (or 1 large) frozen raspberries

Melt butter. Add 3 T. sugar and pretzels. Spread into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for
13 mins. Cool.

Beat cream cheese and 3/4 c. sugar until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over cooled pretzel crust. Be sure to seal the edges, completely covering the crust, and going all the way to the edges. (Sealing well ensures a crisp crust!)

Mix jello and boiling water, stirring until dissolved. Add frozen raspberries (they will thaw). Pour over cream cheese mixture, and chill until set. Serves 12.

No comments: