Friday, March 12, 2010

It's a beautiful morning!

We've had several days of highs in the 50s to 70, and now we're looking at a few days of light rain.



For the past two nights, we've left our bedroom window open, and the heater has not kicked on. This week was the first time I've heard the sounds of snow melting. It's almost entirely gone, with just little bits at the road sides where it was piled two and a half months ago.



I woke this morning to birds chirping and turkeys calling in the woods. I LOVE mornings like this; we've had none that I can recall the entire winter. The earthy smells . . . the sounds . . . the feeling of the mist on my skin . . .



The curtain of this depressing winter has lifted. I love it here again.

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

Spring is coming to Maine early this year too. It was a very mild winter here. I'm almost positive you all had more snow than we did - maybe. ;-)

Cynthia said...

I can't wait for spring to start showing up here as well. I have been able to open the back porch screen door for a few minutes here and there when the sun is shining in, but overall it's still too cold even though it *looks* warm out (LOL)!