...and I didn't bring my camera. Ugh!
We finished up school for the week. It's been going well; my biggest challenge is to keep myself on track. (This is best accomplished just by going to bed early.) If I am organized, I can help my kids be ready and organized.
Anticipating Holly's first lesson with the new instructor next week, we went shopping for new riding pants. Her current pants have held up for a remarkable three years, and it's finally time to buy a replacement pair.
It was so nice to spend time together out, just the two of us. We made the long drive to the tack shop, and she was able to find several pairs of pants to try. It was a pleasant surprise to end up with two pairs from which to choose.
We took a back way to a nearby Dairy Queen, and although I had no idea where I was, incredibly, my GPS actually did its job and got me where I needed to be without any (known) unnecessary detour. (Yay!) Taking advantage of another DQ Happy Hour, the half priced Mocha Moo-Lattes made us very happy indeed, haha. It was gorgeous today, and we sat outside although the restaurant was on a very busy road. This would have made me crazy a few years ago, but at this point, the pollution and traffic noise are practically a novelty.
We skipped a trip to the grocery store and headed home, taking a back way which shows off our spectacular rolling hills and scenery. I so love one on one time with my kids, and I need to grab these opportunities more often.
And remember to grab my camera too.
3 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day!
I meant to say, the photo in your header could have been taken anywhere in England.
Except, of course, you'd be driving on the wrong side of the road here.{g}
How nice to enjoy a mom/dd day out shopping.
Post a Comment