* * *
In 2008, Kristine M______, wife of Robert M______ and mother of two, sauntered (stumbled) into the library and into the youth department staff, fresh (to Stickville) from the Colorado Rockies. An avid reader, Ms. M______ is (antisocial and) passionate about books, family and homeschooling. She has been a home school mom for eight years and uses that experience to (foist her opinions on others) assist other families with curriculum and educational requirements. Her family attends Calvary Chapel in Roanoke. An enthusiastic photographer and (inconsistent) blogger, she quickly adapted to the youth department, where she, like Ms. B_____, has become a valuable member of our team. Her energy and enthusiasm are remarkable, and a background in the legal field has allowed her to (nitpick and question everything) hone research skills that are so important in library work. (Because children scare her,) Kristine M______ excels at working one-on-one with youngsters, probing their academic needs and (directing them to one of her three favorite authors, Thornton Burgess, Arnold Lobel, or Jon Scieszka) finding books that satisfy and challenge their abilities and expectations.
* * *
It truly was a lovely article. (I'm glad I have some people fooled.) We do not subscribe to our local county paper, but a sweet co-worker and friend gave me a copy for me to save. With much appreciation and gratitude for media bias (finally), I am happy to have anyone remember me like this!
6 comments:
It's a nice article and your comments in red are hilarious!
Jodi
That was a nice article. You should show your boss the re-written one just for fun!
I agree with Dorothy! I'm sure all her comments were true. :)
Just curious......does you boss read your blog????????????
All right, I took your suggestions and passed the link on to Joyce. She has the URL, but she is not a regular reader. I don't have anything to hide!
NICE! You're getting quite a bit of publicity over there! First your photos and now this nice article.
Post a Comment