Monday, August 31, 2009

Quick trip to Charlottesville

Following Trevor's recent MRI, we drove up to Charlottesville to review the results with Trev's doctor. UVA is huge, a mind-boggling sea of people, buildings, and endless construction.

However, we are in a side building, and I landed a front row parking spot.

The appointment went well and included a lot of words like lobulated, hemangioma and partial-lymphangioma. Because the majority of growth is on top of the lip muscle, the doctor won't be able to get to it from Trevor's mouth. Instead, he will cut along Trev's lip line, which will minimize scarring. We have a tentative surgery date at the end of October. Now we can navigate/negotiate and everything else with the insurance company, which I don't even want to think about.

Charlottesville is a beautiful town, and I would love to take the time to spend a day enjoying it. The history of this entire area (oh, just the entire east!) continues to amaze me. Home to Jefferson's Monticello and James Monroe's Ash Lawn-Highland, in 2004, Sperling's named Charlottesville the Best Place to Live in the U.S.

I happily took the opportunity to play tourist!

We have three regular stops whenever we go out of town: Kohl's, Q-Doba, and McDonald's (either for the bathroom or iced coffee). Do you want to guess which two we made on this trip?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Q-Doba!

Now that VA has closed a few rest stops along I-81,
this place is even more appealing...

3 comments:

Laura said...

You certainly DO live in the midst of such great history! How wonderful that you are able to take advantage of it from time to time.

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Will pray for all the aspects of Trevor's surgery to work out. Insurances, ugh. Never fun to deal with them!

Cynthia said...

I would LOVE to live on the east coast for awhile. I think all we would do is tour around and visit all the historical sites!

Praying for Trevor's surgery to go well.