At the time, Robert was reading the adult Left Behind books, and Holly was reading the children's series. Because I clearly had too much time on my hands, I wondered where exactly Jenkins lived and easily found his home address. (Honestly, you can find just about anything on the internet.) Oh, he was quite close to where Holly used to go riding, and we decided to use that as an opportunity to "drive past" his house.
Armed with my directions, I made my way down various streets (which happened to turn into dirt roads). I finally found HIS street and turned into it. It quite literally was HIS street--a small, dead end, his was the only house on the "street." As Holly, Trevor and I turned around in the dead end, trying to get a glimpse of the house, a pick up truck came flying down the driveway.
Both kids ducked down in the back seat.
The man driving the truck got a good look at us--er, at me. Why on earth would a mini-van mom be driving down this little road? Fortunately, I was also able to get a good look at him--and it wasn't Jerry. Mortified at having been caught, I meekly drove away. It was all quite anti-climatic but one of those days you never forget.
Although it was definitely his house. I can find a photo of that too on the internet, and I even see the same truck parked in the driveway.
Which reminds me. Author David Baldacci lives nearby.
I'm not a stalker. Really.
2 comments:
Come to Maine & I can show you where Steven King lives. ;-) I think...I never actually drove by but I know what city he lives in & it's not that far from me. LOL
Sure you aren't...... (LOL)
Post a Comment