I made Diann's pita chips last week. They were AWESOME. Mine cooked a little fast and turned a little more brown than I would have liked, so I'll bake them for a few minutes less next time. I was in a hurry and I sprayed them with PAM instead of brushing them with oil. (Sounds gross, I know, but it tasted fine.) And I oversalted them. Although it sounds like they were burned, smelly, salty things, they weren't, and we enjoyed them. The kids prefer the pita halves fried in butter on the stove; I prefer these because they are healthier. We ate them with homemade hummus. Definitely a recipe to make again--thanks, Diann!
* * * * * * * *
scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon, hash brown potatoes
bbq hot dogs, cabbage ramen noodle salad
manicotti, bread, salad
YOYO (Mom work)
on the run/soccer
giant burritos
???
Lunch (with or for):
smoothies
grilled PB&J
Linda's Marinated Mozzarella
parmesan pesto things
tortilla rollups w/meat, lettuce, tomato, dressing
On the back burner:
cutlets Romano
chicken ala king, rice, strawberries
pork loin
sub sandwiches, chips, fruit
Renita's Funnel Cakes!!!
chicken fajitas
meatloaf
pork chops
french onion soup
Rocky Mountain Salad
1 comment:
I'm so glad you finally made these. I am telling you that I end up having to take them to events and things because people have tasted them and love them so much! If you can (and like garlic) try garlic olive oil if you can find it. We get ours at Costco.
Post a Comment