Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh! The places we go

Trevor and I stopped at the library (because I clearly don't get there enough).



We stopped for gas. Should I be disgusted that I'm paying $3.49 a gallon? Or should I be happy that it's $.40 lower than two weeks ago?


I've known Cathy online for quite a while, and we began emailing each other privately when we moved here last year. She lives over in Blacksburg, so we've never met face to face--until today! I bought a few books from her, and we chatted while Trevor took a few pictures.

Meeting yet another online friend!


Trev and I went on to a friend's house for lunch.


And we swam (okay, HE swam) at their neighborhood pool. We were the only people there; the pool is adjacent to the lake, and the setting was quite lovely.


On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store.

Trevor was thrilled

Definitely a Good Day.

4 comments:

Diann said...

I paid $4.39/gal for diesel yesterday so you are almost $1 less per gallon. It does feel good that prices have gone down, but it's pretty sad when we get excited for these prices!

Becky said...

I say be so glad your gas prices are that low. It's $3.73-$3.79 here down from $4.01 a few weeks ago.

berrypatch said...

If it makes you feel any better, gas around here ranges from $3.69 (which is what I just paid) up to $4.05 depending on the town and station. ;-)

Jodi said...

I'm pretty sure I get that same thrilled look when shopping too.