Friday, July 11, 2008

Holly takes off

This has been a busy month for Holly. She's off for a week to visit an old neighbor/friend in Colorado. These girls have known each other for as long as they can remember.

2001

To get a nonstop flight, we drove three hours to the airport yesterday. I'd been nervous about this, but between Pennsylvania and DC, I've been driving enough that I knew I'd be fine.

Waiting at the gate


This was Holly's first time flying alone; it went just fine. As I was allowed to walk her to the gate, and our friends could pick her up at her arrival gate, she literally was only alone on the airplane.

Hey, what's with that wing tip?

How cute is that?!

By the time I waited for her plane to take off and made my way back home, she'd landed 1600 miles away.

2002

We'll be a little lonely around here, but the girls will have a wonderful time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing to worry about on that wingtip.
The pilot got a little closer to the terminal than he expected.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

My neice came to visit me for a few weeks from Jersey. She's 16. She took the train this time. We misunderstood and didn't realize she had to actually get off the train in D.C. and get a connecting train to Lynchburg. It was scary but all went well. Hope Holly has a fun and safe trip!

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I used to travel by bus to visit my sister when she was in college. I'm trying to remember how old I was...15, 16.

I think it is great that she had this opportunity.

Cynthia said...

WOW. Isn't that amazing... clear across the country by the time you drove back home!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I prayed for her when she was flying. LOL I remembered.