Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another quick trip

The kitties knew something was up.

Ever hopeful

Since the girls' plane was coming in later in the evening, we'd already made plans to spend the night in North Carolina. Rob, Trevor and I left early and stopped for some quick shopping along the way.

Okay, *I* stopped for some quick shopping along the way


We hit quite a bit more traffic this time. I don't know the last time I actually drove in "rush hour." I certainly don't miss that one bit either!


We hung out in the hotel for a while. I took Trevor swimming, and then we grabbed a bite to eat.


The airport was just a few minutes away, and I watched the girls' plane land.


We'd planned to see the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit and the Museum of Natural Science today. But we decided to skip it: it'd be a rush, between the girls being on Colorado time, and getting home to pick up Lucky from the kennel before closing. Even though I knew they'd appreciate it down the road, the kids were only mildly interested in seeing it. It was expensive, $100 for us to get in! So we let the girls sleep in, ate a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, and let the kids swim before heading home.



It was a nice day to not have to rush. We ate breakfast for dinner, and are unwinding before getting back in the swing tomorrow.

This has been a wonderful summer to make quick trips. Living in Stickville, we're used to longer drives to get anywhere--and we're also closer to a lot more places to visit than we were in Colorado. It's a perfect combination!

:)

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad Holly is home. The Dead Sea Scroll exhibit sounds fun to me.

I love the photo of the kitties. LOL

Debbie said...

Glad the girls are back home safely. You sure have been on the road a lot this summer.

Michele said...

But you were suppose to let me know whether the exhibit was worth it!! Lol!! I was eagerly waiting your review. I'm glad the trip was pleasantly uneventful and Holly is home safe.

Jodi said...

Good that the girls are safely home. Love the cats picture.

Cynthia said...

Too bad the exhibit is SO expensive... sigh... I like to go to museums, but they sure make a dent in the budget. My family would have probably preferred the sleeping in as well.

Kristine said...

Um, did I mention that there was a rule, NO PHOTOS ALLOWED. My family's convinced that's why I changed my mind. But I knew about the rule from the beginning. Really.