Here's an interesting Civic Literacy Test and Report to take:
http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx
I encourage you to read the score and ranking info to see how well you did when compared to various college students.
I got 65%. I'm not sure whether to be happy about that or not.
Disclaimer: I've never intended to teach my kids everything I know--let's face it, they would have an inferior education. Our goal has always been to give them the basics, encouraging their love of learning, and enabling them to teach themselves.
So what's YOUR score?
8 comments:
75% But I did study American Government a bit at university.
Interesting quiz. I'm not sure I agree with all the answers, though.{g}
Dorothy!!! You are awesome!!! I am 80% totally in awe of you, and 20% completely mortified by my own score in comparison!
I am quite sure that I would not do better than you in a British government quiz, lol. (Do I remember that you were an English teacher at some point?)
And I was 95% surprised at my own score! {vbg} Must have been some lucky guesses in there. It wasn't all American govt though, was it? A lot was Philosophy- Locke, Hume etc (did a year of that at university too!), and Economics.
And yes, my main degree was in Comparative Literature, and I was an English and Modern History teacher for a few years.{g}
I don't think many British people would pass a British Constitution (govt) test. I'm not sure I would. It's terribly complicated because most of it is not written.
96.67% - and my head hurts as I had to wake up brain cells from 1987. PS - 1 I got totally wrong, the other - disagree with the answer....must go nap now.
Of course, disclaimer here must be that my major went from business (with upper division courses that included World Economics and something that was all about the Fed) to politcal science (with at least 2 political philosophy courses and Constitutional Law I &II). See Dad, I did pay attention in school!!!
Well. Now you know why Mr. Anonymous did NOT comment here. :) In fact, I got a private email titled something like, "THAT was a stupid test!" LOL
Love you, Mr. Anon!
To the doggie one....glad to see you have the knowledge to pass that test so well. You just have to find a full time test taker position.
To the other.....pffft.
Guess I was born before all that stuff was started.
70%. I was disappointed until I read the averages, then I felt better about myself, until I read what Dorothy got. :::sigh:::
Post a Comment