Saturday, April 12, 2008

Play Ball!

It's late, but I want to get these photos up. Our church sponsored a boys Baseball Clinic today. Although it poured on our drive up, it was perfectly dry at the park, gorgeous, wonderfully warm in the 70s, with a nice bit of a breeze to keep everyone cool.


The boys were grouped by age and rotated to several different areas, where they practiced various skills.

Love that "action" button on my camera so I can catch the ball in mid-air!


There were 35-40 boys and coaches working together. It was a fun opportunity for Trevor to meet more of the boys his age (and there are a lot of 9-10 year old boys).


While the boys played, the men cooked. Actually Robert didn't cook. He took off with someone else to get another grill, and by the time they finally made it back, lunch was about over. We ate hamburgers, chips, cookies, and lemonade.

Q: How many men does it take to bbq a hamburger?

After lunch, the groups of boys broke into teams to play a game.

Trevor smacking the ball.
I'm smacking myself for spacing out the sunscreen.


We had a BLAST!!!!!

* * *

Trevor: Mom, even though I went to the baseball thing today, if they have it next year, can I go again?

Mom: You BETCHA!

7 comments:

Romany said...

Isn't it great to be doing outdoors stuff?

I wonder if I have that 'action button' on my camera? I STILL haven't read the instructions on my 'new' camera yet...

lazy susie said...

Kristine,

Do be a love and send those four dads over here to grill some dinner for me and the young'uns.

Thank you!

Debbie said...

Kristine, I am just amazed at how quickly you have acclimated to your new area. You are already doing so much and have your kids involved in a lot!

Kristine said...

The "action" button is great! And Susan, I'm afraid you wouldn't see much action if they were at your house, lol.

Debbie, your words are so encouraging to me! I don't feel like we really have, but we (I?) continue to work on it. This church has been such an amazing blessing. Robert and I have been so welcomed by everyone. My kids are a little slower to warm, Holly because she's just "that way," Trevor because he tends to hang out with her. This baseball thing was a great way for him to get to know some of the other boys.

Several families followed the pastor down from a Calvary Chapel in the Finger Lakes area, where he was a youth pastor, and an unusual number of them seem to be from the Rochester or Albany area. :) (I guess y'all are just really nice and friendly people up there!) We were SO surprised when we found out that more than half of the families homeschool--once again leaving NO doubt that this is where God wants us to be.

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a GREAT afternoon of fun.

Debbie said...

Kristine, the Finger Lakes area has a very large homeschooling population. I am often envious of all the activities out there from sports to drama. There are a few things here, but we live so far out that it makes it tougher to participate, especially with the wide range of ages and abilities of our children.

This is an area I am trying to be content in, but I often wonder if the kids are doing enough outside the home.

What a blessing this church is for you.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

This looks like a great day for all....sounds like you've found a fun church to join.