And Dave gets a great big welcome! He went for a walk in the woods on Thursday. He was wearing long pants, and he said this morning that the back of his knee had been bothering him for a day and a half.

This is soooo gross. The only other tick we've seen was on Lucky. I guess it will serve a good warning to us to check the kids--and ourselves--after being in the woods.
7 comments:
My kids HAD to see the picture and then went "ewwww"
UGH! UCK! YIKES! HELP! ARGH! I may never go GPSing or hiking again. Those things are nasty.
Kristine...is that a picture of the actual tick and bug on Dave? Because that sure looks like a typical lyme disease ring. (Seriously) I can't be sure...but gosh, it really looks like it. A visit to the doctor and some anti-biotics will clear up any problem. Just wanted to give you a heads up if that is actually your loved one.
EWwww! Hurry up and post something else to move this bugger down a bit! :)
Hey Kris - I thought the same thing when I saw the ring/rash - take a look at this
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/ld_LymeDiseaseRashPhotos.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease
http://www.lyme.org/gallery/rashes.html
http://www.lymenet.org/picture4.shtml
One more!
EEECCCCKKKK... ticks totally gross me out!
Post a Comment