Friday, March 14, 2008

End of the road

I'm calling it quits. Over, done, and OUT.


Create your own at MyNiceSpace.com


What more sure way is there to strip all enjoyment of something? Being forced to do it! I am dropping out of the Project 365. I want to blog, I want to enjoy it. Instead I find myself scrambling every day to find A picture, ANY picture. When everyone's relaxing, one way or another, after dinner, I am trying to plot out computer time: hook up camera, download photos, open Picasa, photo edit, save, open Faststone, resize, save, open Firefox, post. Because everything takes time, I don't do it all at once. I walk past the computer, do something, and return endlessly.

I'm beginning to hate it.

I've often wondered if working in Baskin-Robbins would make me sick of ice cream. Probably.

I don't want to look so forward to the end of the year, JUST so I can be done with this. I want to enjoy blogging again. I want to like my blog again. I want to post several times a week WHEN I WANT TO, not just because it's one more day I "must" add.

So I'm taking a break for a few days. Maybe. Maybe not. But no more 365 posts!!!

And that feels SO GOOD!!!!!

***

Meanwhile, I'm rethinking Holly's Project 365. She's doing it for art this year. She hated art before, and she's beginning to hate this project now too. I can't blame her. We're figuring out how she can still do this, yet not post every day. She'll probably be choosing a few pictures a week; we'll see. The last thing I want to do is make her dislike this too. How in the world would THAT be any benefit???

***

Wow, this is like going on vacation!!!!!


Create your own at MyNiceSpace.com

12 comments:

Becky said...

Oh No!! I look forward to your pictures of the all the scenery and places you go, along with even your closet, and shoes/ slippers.

Lisa in Jax said...

I can't blame you. I'm woefully behind and have been feeling quite guilty. BUT there are a few people who are doing project 52, so I figure as long as I get one photo a week, I'm good.LOL

Debbie said...

Kristine, last year I really tried to keep up and did pretty good until fall. This year, I gave myself permission to not post everyday. I try to do several in a week, but don't worry about it everyday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.....but we'll miss your daily inputs. Shows what kind of exciting life we lead.
When you enjoy doing something, if it becomes mandatory, then it seems to be drudgery.
So just put in stuff when you feel like it. We'll still check it out.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Yeah, that's a lot of unnecessary pressure. I don't blame you.

momma24 said...

Oh, that would make me so sad. :( BUT, I totally understand as I got behind and haven't caught up! It has gotten me to take more pictures, though AND to actually put them in some semblance of order on the computer so that when someone looks at them later they can tell who it is and when it was!!!

I haven't had any problems with that in the past! ;)

Jodi said...

I found myself stressed about it at first too and was also prodding my dd asking why she wanted to do this if she was hardly ever going to post pictures! Then I let it go and we both just plan to see what number of posts we do have by the end of the year. If we only have a few so be it if we have a lot that is fine too.

Michele said...

I managed to take a picture a day last year but I didn't necessarily post them every day. I also just download them from the camera and upload them onto the blog. Very rarely do I do anything to them. This year I have given myself "permission" to skip days and that is working out fine. I usually sit down on day a week and upload them all at once, unless I just have some time to blog.

Gilda said...

Bravo!
What a wonderful decision. I applaud you for seeing the strain this was causing and stepping out. Now you can truly enjoy posting pictures and they will be so much more meaningful. I love project 365 but did not join myself because it would have been one more thing to add to my schedule but I truly love the idea. Maybe some day. Project 52 would be doable for me!

Kathy in WA said...

I'm with Michele - my commitment was to take a picture every day, not necessarily blog on it. I also wanted to try and blog daily but not be stressed about it. Not sure that happened as I think I became a bit obsessed about it.

Can you be obsessed about something without being stressed?

These are other deep thoughts, brought to you by the Duckabush Blog

Ha!!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

::snort:: You go girl! Here I was looking to see what the celebration was about that I saw earlier in the blog....I thought maybe school was done for the year, or Holly was going to Harvard a few years early with a 100% scholarship. LOL

Maybe, now that you've made your declaration of independence the stress will be off and you can continue to post when you feel like for Project 365.

Project 52 may work for Holly - or Project 4 - you know - post once a quarter. LOL

Cynthia said...

Count me as one of the P52 people in the P365 ring. I'm obviously not stressed (LOL).. I've not had time to blog for months.