Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Project 365: Day 58


I'm backdating this to Wednesday since I didn't have a chance to post it last night.

I was too busy obsessing over a new-found website, www.veromi.com. Go ahead, give it a try. Run your name and freak out, then spend hours searching up people you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know for about five years you could do this via Yahoo -and get the actual addresses and such w/out paying. YIKES!!!!!

Kristine said...

If you have a full name, addresses are usually very easy to find.

What was so shocking to me about this website is that you can see the last several cities a person may have lived in, the names and ages of their relatives, and you can usually piece together who their spouse or siblings or parents/children are. There are business associations for some people. If you look at the link and plug in a phone number or address, you will see people associated with those.

For example, my name pulls up several cities that I've lived in, even from 1991. As possible relatives associated with my name, it shows my husband's name and age, and my FIL's name and age (even though he's deceased).

If I pull up the address of the house I grew up in, it lists different people who have lived there, including a tag for my Mom with cities she's lived in AFTER moving--and she hasn't lived at that address since 1981!

And this is just the information that's on there for FREE. (I'd never pay for anything more, lol.)

Freaky.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness..... this is truly disturbing. Wow.

Laura said...

:)
thought I should clarify.... BEAUTIFUL photo - disturbing web link! :)