Friday, February 08, 2008

Project 365: Day 39

I went to the church Ladies Lunch today at a Mexican restaurant. I was a little nervous at first (what if I didn't recognize anyone?), but it was a really fun time. Over a dozen women were there, and I enjoyed getting to know them better.

Robert declared this photo "gross." I kind of liked it. It's no surprise that I was the only person taking pictures. It's nice that new people are tolerated, no matter how odd they might seem.



Note to self: Next time, make sure you're not the only one ordering Margaritas.

(Okay, that's a joke, that didn't really happen.)

8 comments:

Romany said...

You mean they were all sozzled as you were?{LOL!}

Anonymous said...

Don't even TRY to lie your way out of this one ...we all remember that time that you had FOUR margaritas at Chimi's then jumped up on the tabletop & proceeded to regale us with rhetoric stage science topics from your purse-sized copy of TWTM.

Or was that DeEtta?

Love My Dog said...

Just ask the server to put the booze in one of the red water cups. Noone will know - until they wonder why the new lady has passed out on her camera.

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL! You all are hilarious and I'll just enjoy the comments and leave mine to myself.LOL

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

::snort:: I can only imagine....you are welcome to join any ladies group I lead - ever.

Kristine said...

...says DeEtta SEVEN AND A HALF YEARS after I've joined the ladies group she leads...

Maybe she hasn't seen me dance yet. (Or worse, maybe she HAS.)

Y'all are too funny!

Pam Barnhill said...

I like the photo... and the idea about putting the booze in the red water cup.

Cynthia said...

YUM! I love Mexican. Glad you are able to get out with some ladies in your new community.