I guess I should keep some type of update about my monthly food bill. This is the first time we've really paid attention to what we spend. The grocery bill, including extras like kitty litter, bathroom things, etc., was ~$700. The killer was that we spent another $150 on eating out, which is one BIG area that we'll be looking to cut back on. I know that it was one not-so-big lunch that made up a big chunk of that--Robert and I each had a margarita, and that's never good for food bills.
* * *
My grocery problem this week is that I did a big grocery shopping earlier today, but I didn't actually BUY anything so that I can make any of these. So much for planning!
pork chops (new recipe from Mom), crescent rolls, sauteed yellow squash, corn
YOYO
Indian butter chicken, rice, canned pineapple
pizza
Renita's Plantation Supper
baked potato soup/Trevor
Superbowl: hot wings; jalapeno poppers; and must add something that might seem remotely healthy
Lunch (with or for):
smoothies
grilled PB&J
Linda's Marinated Mozzarella
parmesan pesto things
On the back burner:
Robert's beef noodle soup
Barb's macaroni/hot wing thing
pot roast
cube steak
sloppy joes
Italian sausage
1 comment:
Be encouraged! When I started out, we were spending $300 a week every week. Now we're lowering it slowly each shopping trip and hopefully some day it'll be something we can afford.LOL
Post a Comment