
2. On to the library.

3. I filled up my gas tank. (Gas seems quite a bit cheaper here than most places, and I'm thankful for that!)

4. Petsmart. I always get a little tense as I head into Petsmart, but one look at a happy dog, and I relaxed. The employees were really nice too, although they no longer carry what I wanted.

5. Next stop was Target. By this time, it was sprinkling. I didn't have much luck here either.

6. I went to the mall. Roanoke has two good sized malls, which still surprises me. There are some great stores, and it was my first time at this mall. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything on my list, so I left empty handed!
7. I ran a private little errand close by.
8. I went to a store that shall remain a secret, since I was doing some Christmas shopping!

9. I'm vaguely familiar with www.booksamillion.com, although I typically use other online booksellers. I've wanted to check out this store for months. It's in an odd location, pretty old, and the outside is not well maintained. It was DEAD inside too. It's too bad; there was a lot of floor space, books were nicely arranged.

10. I had a coupon for Hamricks and bought myself another pair of sweat pants. I've never heard of this store, I believe it's a decent sized, privately owned chain with several stores in the mid-Atlantic. Their prices are great, and the clothes quality is similar to what I buy at Kohl's.

11. By now, it's waaaay too late. I was planning to be home by now, am still an hour away, and I have no plans for dinner. I rush to Kroger. While this is one of my new "gem" stores (meaning it has a fancy deli, haha), they are out of french bread and have no chicken tenders in the deli. I really do NOT want to stop and buy KFC, blech!

12. It's 6:00, dark, and traffic is still messy. I head down the street to my favorite Kroger and have success. Everyone will eat late, but at least they WILL eat.

13. I didn't have time to stop at Walmart or the cleaners. So I just went home.

I didn't get ALL of my shopping done, but it helped. A lot!
6 comments:
Yes, that's $0.20 a gallon cheaper than here!
I am not done with my shopping either. We don't do a lot of shopping, but buying for other family members always gives me a headache...I never know what to get! Ugh!
You sure look like you are exploring your new territory.
Gas is $3.03 in most places here. Oh how I wish gas was that far under $3.00.
Ah well. lol
Looks like you had a fun day!
Laura
That was a lot of shopping for one day! It would have been the end of me, or the start of the end.
I just wanted to say that I love the wreath that Robert made! I'm thinking of making one like it next year.
Our gas is running about $2.94 . . it keeps dropping slowly!
Also, I love all your sunset pictures . . .just gorgeous!
Post a Comment