1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Either!
2. Real tree or artificial?
We've had our artificial tree for years. This is the first time we've had a real tree since the early 90s. The only bad thing is remembering to water it.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving weekend (until this year, which was about two weeks later).
4. When do you take the tree down?
The first week of January.
5. Do you like eggnog?
No!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The one that stands out is my Baby Go Bye Bye. Looks like it came out in 1969, so I would have been six. :) And I bet this will surprise my mom and dad.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, I've casually collected them. I should do a blog post with some pics.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband. This year, I was so busy pretending to ignore him when he was telling me that I quite forgot what he said.
And my dad, who already has anything he wants.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Me? lol (Not really, as I was out Friday also trying to spend my birthday money on myself but not finding anything I wanted.)
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Now that wouldn't be nice!
11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
Oh, mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
In a good year, November. Otherwise, December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
What the heck is this? Every single person said emphatically denied this, except Dorothy who qualified it by saying she was destitute.
YES, I've recycled. With plenty of thought. Generic things, like photo frames. Jewelry that I don't wear but that someone else would LOVE. (And I'm quite sure I told my mom when I gave it to her.) But I wouldn't recycle just anything, like those "worst Christmas gifts."
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I'm supposed to pick just one? How about Baked Brie with Kahlua Pecan Sauce.
Colored. (And I seem to be alone in that opinion, based on what I've read so far!) We have the ones that twinkle slowly. Probably all the lead that they are covered in.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Mmmm. Used to be Little Drummer Boy. I don't know right now. But I bought Third Day's Christmas Offerings CD for Robert this year, so maybe something off that. And Robert and I each grew up with and still love listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
YES! And last year, the kids memorized 'Twas the Night Before Christmas in its entirety. (But I've known the reindeer names for a looooong time.)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. Would you want to sit on a tree for a month?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
I don't know if there's anything annoying . . .
23. What I love most about CHRISTmas?
That it's about JESUS. It's not just a holiday to give presents.
24. Most difficult thing about Christmas?
Yvonne had it right--it seems like 24/7 spiritual warfare. I'm grateful to her for posting that, I sometimes don't see things that way. And I should.
25. Favorite Christmas Tradition?
Oh, different things during different years, it seems. I used to love the Christmas tree lighting in Littleton, and the Denver parade. Watching the kids make their gingerbread house has been fun. I love reading the Jotham's Journey books. And I like opening the stockings when all the presents are gone. I couldn't pick just one tradition consistently!
2 comments:
Glad someone else has recycled! I don't see anything wrong with it. I guess you just have to take note of who sent you what!{g}
I have a worse confession. Once when the kids were little, a family member send them cash and we used it to help pay the rent that month. {gulp!} I figured a roof over the heads was the present they most wanted that year! Even so, I've felt guilty ever since!
I really haven't recycled a gift before, LOL, are we all denying it? LOL
Post a Comment