Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oh, deer!

I can easily remember the things we'd find in the yard when we lived in the city, such as:

  • worms
  • a really old rusted horseshoe
  • cantaloupe rinds (the squirrels would bring them from the neighbors' compost pile)
  • a dead bird

But nothing like this. Robert found the upper half of a deer skull.


That little white blob at the tip of the deer's nose? That's just a sock on my floor, a dirty one. Those are all too common inside my house. And I'll take socks over bones any time.

6 comments:

Romany said...

Do your family have teeny tiny feet, then? Or just enormous hands?

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I don't think I would have noticed the little blog if you'd not commented. ::snort::

Cynthia said...

Oh the things you'll find out in the boonies.

Lisa in Jax said...

Cool deer head! Jon loves to bring me these kind of things. I've been worried ever since we moved in behind a cemetery.lol

Emily said...

Wow! That's not something you find everyday!

Jodi said...

I imagine the children enjoyed examining that!