Shredded Beef Tacos
5 lb. chuck roast
2 t. pepper
2 t. salt
2 t. cumin
5 cloves of garlic, minced
Put meat and spices in the crockpot. Fill halfway with water. Turn on low heat and cook at least 8 hours.
When done, strain 1-2 c. of the cooking liquid and reserve. Shred or dice the beef; return it to the crockpot, along with the reserved liquid.
Serve with homemade tortillas and salsa.
Trevor likes his with cheese and sour cream.

I usually use the smallest piece of meat, about half the size, and halve the recipe accordingly. It fills 12-15 small tortillas.
6 comments:
This is going on my to try list! Looks yummy!
YUMMY! I found when I made the home made seasoning recipe it was the cumin that we really liked and so I dumped a LOT of it in. I see this recipe also calls for cumin.
I made it and everyone loved it! I'll definitely print out the recipe and keep it. Thanks for sharing!
Lisa, I'm so glad you liked it!
Cindy, we use a lot of cumin in general. I don't know why! I have a friend who thinks it smells like armpit sweat. How gross is THAT?!
MMMM...This looks great! What is your recipe for tortillas? Mine always get so hard before we get to them!
Oops! LISA is the one who makes homemade tortillas. My recipe calls for them, but it's enough for me to warm them up in the microwave, lol!
Post a Comment