Sunday, November 25, 2007

Miscellany

A few months ago, I was pleased to see "Red Beet Eggs" at the local Walmart. It doesn't take much to please me. (Robert would absolutely die if he read that.) A few days ago, I pickled my own. I love pickled eggs, and I remember my dad making them for us when I was little. I don't know the "real" recipe, but here's how I make them:

Pickled Eggs

1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled
2 cans sliced pickled beets

Put the eggs in the bottom of a pitcher. Pour cans of beets with all the juice, being sure that the eggs are completely submerged. (Sometimes I toss in an extra 1/4 cup of white vinegar and a tablespoon of peppercorns.) Refrigerate for at least two days.


Trevor and I love these. Even Holly will eat them at two days. Robert stays faaaaaar, faaaaaar away.

Are you completely grossed out?

* * *

Trevor has always admired rubber band balls. He went looking for our rubber bands the other morning, asking how to start his own rubber band ball. While I'm oh-so-slowly trying to google it, he figured it out on his own. He used the whole package of rubber bands.


It was pretty cool! I'm glad I don't use rubber bands very often, because the ball seems to have disappeared and I have no idea where it is now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never think to make those pickled eggs.
Have to do it again.
Just for a reference......The neighbors and I, Dan and ?, used to go to the bar in Clinton on Friday evening, have a few beers, 10 cents a glass, have 2 eggs, 10 cents a piece, and each order a pizza to bring home, 1 dollar each.
Those were the days......

Cynthia said...

This is WAY TOO coincidental for me (LOL)! Can you BELIEVE that my mil just served those to us for dinner last night???? How strange is that? I had never had them (I don't even think I had ever seen them before) and here you are serving them as well (LOL).

Lisa in Jax said...

My dh LOVES pickled eggs. I've never tried them as I'm too afraid that I won't like them.LOL

Jodi said...

I once got a rubberband ball for Christmas several years ago, it was lost a week later and never been seen since. I wonder where they go....