Saturday, October 13, 2007

Quote of the Day

Trevor: Mom! This is the first Starbucks we've been to in Virginia!

Mom: That's because we're not IN Virginia, dear.



Sure enough, we're back in North Carolina. But just to take Robert's mom to the airport.


New shopping. Target. Panera. Cold Stone. Starbucks. It was JUST like being in Colorado Springs. (To be fair, we have all these stores in Roanoke, but we haven't actually been to them yet.)

We also stopped in Office Depot. My three 6' bookshelves are no longer enough to hold my curriculum-junkie books. I have several boxes left to unpack and haven't found cheap bookshelves that match my basement decor. But I did one better, finding a matching bookshelf on clearance for $25.

I think I might be getting to like NC a little!

But only a little. I was v-e-r-y happy to get back home. Stickville has won my heart. No contest.

:)

6 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

You need to get that boy to a Virginia Starbucks immediately!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! My sis-in-law Heather called yesterday to say that THEY were driving down into NC from VA & they were admiring all the beautiful flowers along the roadside.

Cynthia said...

LOL. Your kid quote was FUNNY!

Emily said...

Glad you are "loving" home! But I bet it is nice to finally get in some shopping too!

Lisa in Jax said...

Allison could not live that far from a Starbucks.LOL

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad you are safely back in Stickville and know where to find a starbucks if you need one. LOL