Saturday, October 13, 2007

And this is why . . .

. . . they're called the Blue Ridge Mountains.


Incredibly beautiful.


Not Pikes Peak, but stunning to me just the same. God's creation . . .



90 degrees on Tuesday. 60 degrees on Thursday. Fall has rushed in, and I don't think I'll see summer again anytime soon. Every time I drive this way, I vow to come out by myself early in the morning (in my case, before 9:00 a.m.) just to take more pictures.

Maybe these will make up for that ghastly picture in the previous post, lol.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Blue Ridge Mtn picture. I called dh in here to look at it. Peter saw the rude penguin video, he's calling everyone in here to look at THAT.

Cynthia said...

Lovely views!

Linda said...

Gorgeous pictures, Kristine! I MISS fall weather in FL and I've lived here for 23 years now. I do not, HOWEVER, miss the snow! :-)

Emily said...

What beautiful pictures! I am with Linda . I miss fall too! Blow some of that cold air down here! LOL

Anonymous said...

I have driven through the Blue Ridge Mtn. many times and it so awesome.
Brings back great memories of my Nan.
Laura

Lisa in Jax said...

What great pictures! I love the mountains up there. You know, I was born in Virginia! I loved it up there growing up and always expected to move back once I grew up. Maybe I'll make it up there someday.LOL

Jodi said...

Just love the pictures, beautiful.