Friday, October 05, 2007

The finished cake!


I thought the candles added a nice touch, since there were 13 of them! (As I look at the photo, though, I wonder if they should have been pushed down all the way into the cake so just the letters were sticking out?)

Holly did not want to do anything for her birthday--so we didn't, and that included taking the day off of school. Her presents included Brady Bunch Season 5, Full House Season 1, and a Webkinz. She spent the day in an electronic haze, lol. Robert, at Holly's request, made chile rellanos for dinner. I was able to ordered the chiles from amazon.


* * *

I've always wanted to be a Brady. Season 5 was the BEST . . . Marcia and Greg's driving contest; Peter and his fake mustache; Greg accidentally dying his hair orange. Classics!!

I think we need to get Partridge Family next. I have their Greatest Hits CD, and my poor kids know all the songs. It's their version of torture. It couldn't be my singing.


7 comments:

Cynthia said...

That cake turned out REALLY CUTE! Happy birthday, Holly!

Jodi said...

Happy birthday Holly! The cake looks great.

I still find it hard to believe that my Trevor is 13 and his birthday was over 4 months ago!

I'm sure we are both far too young to be Mothers of teens. VBG

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Cute cake - candles would be cute either way.

Happy Birthday Holly.

Sounds like a nice day.

Lisa in Jax said...

Yum! I need to make one of these.LOL

We love Brady Bunch too. I'm a big fan of all the older shows that were actually made for kids to watch them.

Lisa in Jax said...

Happy Birthday Holly!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Holly! Have fun with all your new goodies and enjoy that cake!

Kathy in WA said...

Great cake! I love those candles. Happy Birthday to Holly!!

We haven't done Brady Bunch yet with our kiddos and I KNOW they would love them. Thanks for the reminder.