Monday, September 03, 2007

I did it ALL

I did it ALL today.

I sneaked in the first day of our new read aloud, The Wind in the Willows, even though we're not starting school tomorrow. I'm not sure we've ever gone five? six? weeks without a read aloud. I'm glad to get back into this routine. (Did you know that "snuck" is not really a word?)

I washed two loads of laundry. I don't like having my washer/dryer in the kitchen, and our plan is to move them to the basement, turning the laundry closet into the computer closet/pantry. But for now, it's easier to get laundry done. It's not as loud as I'd think, but I don't forget about it like I used to.

I cleaned. At least a little. I swept the floors and stairs and windexed the bathroom. I know, not much. But I am waiting, waiting for my new vacuum. My older upright is not ideal, as I have mostly wood and tile floors on my main level now. I have visions of myself quickly vacuuming up the house every single day. (Clearly I'm delusional.)

I carted branches for Robert. He needed my brawn. (Smirk.) It was easier dragging those things downhill to our eventual bonfire, I mean burn pile, than it was to walk back up empty handed. (I made two whole trips!)

I cooked. I made our last box of Annie's White Shells and Cheddar for the kids' lunch. They don't sell it in the nearest town. Maybe in Roanoke? Or at Sam's Club? I'm checking out Amazon.com. I bet they have it in Greensboro, but I hope I never have to find out. Robert didn't want that, so I fixed him a frozen pizza.


Oops. In my typical over-achiever fashion, I cooked it thoroughly. Just like the box says.

I "cooked" dinner too, but not thoroughly. The rest of my family banned me from using the oven.

I completed my Notice of Intent and accompanying paperwork, yippee!!!!

And I typed up Holly and Trevor's school schedules so they would actually know what they are doing tomorrow!! Yay!!!!!! (They weren't quite as overjoyed about this.)

I suppose I can say that it was a successful Labor Day.

:)

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love it, Kristine! Won't be long now before you're milkin' a few cows and makin' preg checks on Labor Day weekend :-) Just don't tackle the bonfire the way you finished off Robert's pizza. Please tell me he did not eat that to make you feel better.

Lisa in Jax said...

Good Job! For me, the hardest part is just getting started.

Sorry about that pizza though. I've done that more times than I'm willing to admit.lol

Linda said...

That pizza is lovely! LOL!

Cynthia said...

We also labored on Labor Day!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Wow - you are amazing...and yes I know about snuck and sneaked...because I used snuck just now on my blog. LOL

berrypatch said...

I wish I was better at read alouds. That is my goal for the year. To read aloud more often & hopefully not fall asleep in the process - which is why I tend to avoid them I think. :-)

BTW, I LOVE Tostinos frozen pizzas. I try not to buy them though or else they go straight to my hips, thighs, well, you get the picture. LOL

Debbie said...

Great job, Kristine...that new paperwork will become 2nd nature before you know it.

Michele said...

Kristine, We have Annie's at our stores. Do you have Food Lions? I think I've picked it up at SuperWalMart and Lowes Foods as well. That seems really bizarre that no one would have it. Soon you'll be like us - when we go back to RI or anyone comes here we stock up on all the things you can't get! Lol!

Jodi said...

I thought I was the only one who did that to pizza's!