Sunday, July 08, 2007

Book Review - Don't Take My Picture! by Craig Alesse

This title was recommended on a popular hs message board. You'd think I'd know by now to at least read the reviews before spending any time reading the book. If I'd have done so, I would have known that this is a very basic book for beginners. Holly learned more in her photography class last semester.

The edition I have is from 1998. Since the new edition has the same cover, I'd guess that it has the same dated black and white photos inside. I don't remember 1998 being that long ago, the people look like they're from the '80s!

If you need introductory explanations on how to frame a picture, how to use light to your advantage, how to eliminate background clutter, you might get something out of this book. But I think all of my blogging friends have mastered the basics. :)

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Funny how a picture from the 90's looks like it's from the 80's..... another sigh of time flying by, I suppose....

Robin said...

I noticed in your sidebar that you're reading "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends". I have it, but never read it. What do you think of it?

Anonymous said...

Kate is wanting to do some photography -- is there a book you WOULD recommend?

Kristine said...

Robin, I "have" the book too, but I'm waiting to finish all my library books first! It might take a month or so before I get to it, lol. I've been interested in it ever since I saw it a few years ago, and finally ordered it when it came up again on the SHS list.

Liz, YES, The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby! I had about 60 book reviews and broke them down last night, including one under "Book Reviews - NF Photography." I think Kate would like it. :)