Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wednesday

As much as Robert grumbles about me pulling out my camera so often, he sometimes slips and lets me know he doesn't mind. He's the one who told me to grab a shot of this.


Spring time is when we get more wind and rain than any other time of year. Along with that can be the fog. I thought Pikes Peak looked rather Rainier-like, appearing to hang from the sky instead of push up from the earth.

Today is my Dad's 70th birthday. 70. That's old. But he's not old. I could deal with the 60s just fine. Thinking about him being 70 is sort of like thinking that my younger sister is 41. I try not to think about it much, because it makes ME think I'm old.

My dad and I are both big on denial when it suits us. I think denying he's 70 suits us both just fine. So we'll just pretend he isn't. (And I'm sure that's okay with you, right, Dad?)

Meanwhile, he is off on another motorcycle trip this week. His wife rides her own bike. When I talked to him tonight, they'd ridden through some nastier weather, wind, rain, some thunder. 70 year olds don't do stuff like this--so don't worry, Dad, we don't have to think about you turning 70, at least not for a few more years. :)

Here you are 50 years ago. How about you settle for an age in between?

Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at your 20-year-old dad, I see a little bit of Trevor. What do you think?

debbie

Kristine said...

Hmm. I'll have to think about that! I know that Trevor has Robert's face but my eyes. I don't know whose nose he has, it certainly could be my Dad's, or Robert's brother's . . . And I can see some similarities in the profile, more so than with Robert or me . . .

Kathy in WA said...

What a great picture of your dad. Was he an athlete? Certainly was buff. :)

Cynthia said...

I want to be a young 70 yo when I get there, too.

Kristine said...

I think "athletic" more than "athlete." When this picture was taken, he was in the AF stationed on the top of a mountain. There was nothing else to do in the immediate area.

He's always enjoyed active things like waterskiing, running/jogging, tennis, bicycling, weightlifing, walking. He's even rollerbladed a few times in the past several years! :)

Love My Dog said...

Just don't ask him about the time he tried to skateboard...

Jodi said...

Certainly doesn't sound 70 to me! Happy Birthday to your dad!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments.
Iwas in Iceland when that pic was taken......nothing to do there.
I like "kathy in wa".
She recognizes "buff" when she sees it, even if it was 50 years ago.
Dad

Kristine said...

(About Dad's comment on Kathy's comment)

Yeah. Even if it was before she was born. HAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, sorry, I need to show some control here.

:)