These kids are incredible! Sometimes I am amazed at their giftings. I loved the movie, Akeelah and the Bee - made me want to get my kids going on hard core spelling drills. Ha!
I've recently read a few books on the bee. The books were really insightful. A few decades ago, "regular" kids could conceivably win. Now it's become much more of an obsession, with the kids studying for several hours a day. I don't know that it's bad or good, but it's definitely a LOT of pressure.
I find etymology so fascinating, definitely a geek interest of mine!
3 comments:
These kids are incredible! Sometimes I am amazed at their giftings. I loved the movie, Akeelah and the Bee - made me want to get my kids going on hard core spelling drills. Ha!
I've recently read a few books on the bee. The books were really insightful. A few decades ago, "regular" kids could conceivably win. Now it's become much more of an obsession, with the kids studying for several hours a day. I don't know that it's bad or good, but it's definitely a LOT of pressure.
I find etymology so fascinating, definitely a geek interest of mine!
One of our local radio stations was talking about the winner being a homeschooled kids.. those ***blank**** homeschoolers were his exact words...
Post a Comment