
I don't know what this was called, but he cut down a plastic cup for the form and used wire cutters to cut up a hanger, which was the axle for the two spools of thread that allow this thing to roll. He poked holes in the plastic cup to support the pipecleaner legs and even glued on googly eyes (one of his favorites in the craft box).

And his Me Paperboy, which moves just like a real boy, thanks to well placed brads.

I loved that Trevor entertained himself for such long stretches of time, independently searching out all of the needed materials, and figuring out adjustments when he couldn't exactly replicate the directions. Nothing has caught his attention like this for awhile. And I've had some of this stuff sitting around for so long, I'm glad it's being used (up!).
Want to guess that tomorrow will be another repeat?
6 comments:
Lots of creativity going on at your house these days.
Wow Kristine - first of all, what craft book is Trevor using these days to come up with all of these great projects??? Is he doing this in his off time (ie not during school/table work time)? I love the creativity and imagination that he's showing here.
Second - amazing picture of the paperweight!!! I love the modifications you made to it. Transformed it from an interesting to an outstanding picture. Way to go, photography girl! What did you use?
I'm trying hard not to beg dh for PhotoShop Elements (couldn't afford the real thing). :)
It's called The Complete Book of Arts and Crafts. It's part of a series of big, fat paperback (mostly consumable) workbooks, with each one addressing a different subject and a few different age ranges. We have The Complete Book of Animals, The Complete Book of Science, The Complete Book of Brainteasers. They're about $6 at Sam's Club. He's doing it in his free time. It can be rather boring around here, lol.
Thanks for the comment about the photo. I really like the photo editing options on Picasa (free download!).
Kathy, I'm still having troubles e-mailing you through my regular e-mail, although I did get yours last night. I'll have to respond through my other address--but, HEY, at least it will go through!
Weird that the e-mail isn't going through. I had trouble e-mailing Karen. Is it me?? :)
At least the other address connects.
Love the photo! I haven't tried Picasa yet.
Wow Kristine! You have a lot of talent in your home! I love to see the kids get creative like that! Awesome!
I see that I don't always look closely enough to notice details like Kathy. So, I went back and looked at that picture again and NOW I see what she's talking about. I also like the black background and colored paper weight! VERY COOL! I hope to have time one day to do cool things with my photos.. for now I'm just happy to have them sorted and journaled (LOL).
Post a Comment