Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Around the house

Great way to start the day with the announcement from Tom Tancredo, tossing his hat into the Presidential election. Tom's been my only choice for several months. Read more here. Notice the oh-so-liberal Denver Post's deliberate misuse of the word "Mexican." Tom stands head and shoulders above a field of otherwise-mediocre-at-best candidates. (I think "mediocre" is optimistic and generous and way too PC.)

* * * * *

Blogs come in all shapes and sizes. Here's one I came across by Thoroughly Modern Millie. Millie began blogging at the age of 77. I've been browsing through some of it tonight, and I just wish she posted more than once a week! I also like seeing how her blog has evolved from the early posts to the more current ones.

* * * * *

After school, Trevor went on the search for a crafts book. I was trying to do a dozen other things, and my only plea was that he find something that he could do on his own and didn't require paint.

He made a boat, using black and white stickers to make the word "Wave" on the side. He floated it in the sink for a while and took it in the bathtub tonight. He later told me that he learned to NOT let the boat float around while the water was still running (grin).


Pumpkin had fun floating the boat in the sink too.


He made a caterpillar. (Trevor likes tape; I think I need to introduce colored duct tape into our house.)
While he made several things (some of which I didn't see) for Easter presents, he also made a turkey.

* * * * *

I made our yummiest and easiest dinner tonight, French dip with Caesar salad.


FRENCH DIP
1 lb. thinly sliced roast beef from the deli (buy the best, it's worth it for this)
package of 6 sub-type rolls
2 cans of beef broth (not condensed; choose low sodium if you can)
butter

Slice rolls, spread with butter. Layer with meat. Heat broth over the stove and serve hot in bowls.

CAESAR SALAD
romaine lettuce, prepared
Paul Newman's Creamy Caesar Dressing

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Can you imagine just how advanced you'll be as a blogger in say, 40 more years???

By then, we'll be able to hear about the life histories of billions of people all over the world with not so much as a tap from our fingers; by then we'll be talking to our computers. Keyboards will be a thing of the past.

Emily said...

I never thought about preparing French Dip sandwiches with deli-meat. Great idea!!!!!